mercredi 3 avril 2013

Upcycle Week

This week at TheCraftBarn the theme is upcycle. I came up with a paper basket.
It measures approx. 7" x 7" x 4" high.
I had this old school book. I unstapled it to get bigger pages. I tear each page in 4. I fold each stripes in 4 to get the paper stronger. I used 26 stripes for this basket. Adjust if you want a bigger or smaller basket. Start weaving by the middle and help yourself with some staples or glue.
When you're done with the bottom fold sides and weave vertically. As you go you can staple or glue some stripes, here and there. Trim the excess.
Add a strip on the top and sew. I used some paper clips to hold it there. I decorated it with an old fabric measuring tape and a label. I also add a pink butterfly. I took off the staples that I used to weave the basket.
Visit The Craft Barn for more great projects!
 
Stuff that I used




2 commentaires:

  1. Mais quelle bonne idée!! Ça me rappelle des souvenirs de jeunesse....Merci de nous les rappeler!!
    ;-) Toutes mes félicitations!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Great project! I like anything made with book pages. Very clever to use the measuring tape as ribbon.
    xoxo
    Joyce

    RépondreSupprimer